I was replacing the switch (1-way) controlling the fluorescent lighting in my garage. The lamps were initially off from the switch but when I switched the circuit off at the MCB to isolate the circuit, the lamps came on albeit dimly.
There is no voltage indicated at the wires in the switch assembly so I was able to replace the switch safely regardless. I just moved into this property.
How can this be?
The wiring is bunched up with lots of other circuits around the garage upper spaces given the distribution board is located there. Could this be a case of electromagnetic induction? Can someone expand on this phenomenon? What is the complete circuit to allow the lamps to be lit?
Any other explanation?